As a result of the work I did for my D.Phil. thesis on “Sociality and the life-mind continuity thesis: A study in evolutionary robotics” a batch of publications related to sociality will be published in the coming months:
– Froese, T. & Di Paolo, E. A. (forthcoming), “Sociality and the life-mind continuity thesis”, Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences
– Froese, T. & Di Paolo, E. A. (forthcoming), “Modeling social interaction as perceptual crossing: An investigation into the dynamics of the interaction process”, Connection Science
– De Jaegher, H. & Froese, T. (forthcoming), “On the role of social interaction in individual agency”, Adaptive Behavior
– Froese, T. & Di Paolo, E. A. (forthcoming), “Toward Minimally Social Behavior: Social Psychology Meets Evolutionary Robotics”, in: Proc. of the 10th Euro. Conf. on Artificial Life, Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag
And, of course, I have not neglected my interested in the phenomenon of life:
– Virgo, N., Egbert, M. & Froese, T. (forthcoming), “The Role of the Spatial Boundary in Autopoiesis”, in: Proc. of the 10th Euro. Conf. on Artificial Life, Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag
I’ve also taken this as an opportunity to update the website a little bit. In particular, the Publications page is now sub-divided into different categories of papers, and I’ve created a new Presentations page that lists the talks, posters, and seminars separately. This means that the Academic CV page is now much less cluttered.
I will post separate announcements for the papers as they become available.