I am a faculty member of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), where I work at the Department of Computer Science in the Research Institute for Applied Mathematics and Systems (IIMAS).
I am also a member of the Center for the Sciences of Complexity (C3), which is located in the same campus in Mexico City.
I am the coordinator of the 4E Cognition Group. Our research explores the complex interactions between objective dynamics and subjective phenomenology at various levels of our life world. Different projects are analyzing and integrating phenomena pertaining to life, mind, and sociality.
I hold the following editorial responsibilities:
- Editor-in-Chief, Adaptive Behavior
- Editorial Board, The Journal of Mind and Behavior
- Editorial Board, Constructivist Foundations
- Reviewer Editorial Board, Frontiers in Psychology (Section Cognitive Science)
- Reviewer Editorial Board, Frontiers in Psychology (Section Consciousness Research)
- Reviewer Editorial Board, Frontiers in Robotics and AI (Section Evolutionary Robotics)
- Reviewer Editorial Board, International Journal of Signs and Semiotic Systems
- Advisory Board, Avant: Journal of the Philosophical-Interdisciplinary Vanguard
I am a member of the following academic organizations:
- The Mexican Academy of Computation (AMEXCOMP)
- The International Society for Artificial Life (ISAL)
- The Society for American Archaeology (SAA)
- Interdisciplinary Research Group on the Diversity of Consciousness (Alius)
Dr. Tom Froese (IIMAS-UNAM)
E-mail address: t.froese [AT] gmail.com
You can download my detailed curriculum vitae.
I attempted to write a short bio about myself back in 2012.